Corro-Coat PE-F (Polyster Powder Coatings for Facades)
Corro-Coat PE-F is an exterior durable polyester powder coating specially formulated to satisfy the most stringent requirements for color stability, gloss retention and corrosion prevention. Corro-Coat PE-F has a uniform flow and finish, even after re-cycling.
Primary areas of application are aluminum extrusions and claddings for architectural work. Corro-Coat PE-F is also recommended for general use in other areas where gloss retention, color stability and heat resistance is required. The overall excellent properties and attractive appearance of the product also allow successful application to other non-ferrous and ferrous substrates. Click here to view the PE-F resistance chart.
Corro-Coat PE-F polyester powder coatings are designed to withstand environmental stresses year after year. Buildings in coastal areas, large cities, and industrial districts also require facade coatings which are both colorful and environmentally friendly. This is fully possible today if fabricators, architects, contractors, material suppliers and surface coaters utilize existing knowledge and experience. This applies not only to the powder coating itself, but equally so to the composition of the aluminum substrate, production process and pretreatment. In the installation process, proper consideration must be given to the coating.
When screen-printing or sealants are in use, we advise separate trials to ensure compatibility and that the required performance criteria are met.
The overall quality of the coating system is largely dependent on the type and quality of pre-treatment. Recommended types of pre-treatment for the most frequently used substrates are:
- Aluminum - Chromate conversion
- Steel - Zinc phosphating
- Zinc Coated Steel - Zinc phosphating or chromate conversion
- Final Rinse (Deionized) - The last running water from the object should be tested at 20ºC. The readings obtained should measure below 30 micro siemens/cm.
- 15 minutes at 180ºC object temperature
- 10 minutes at 200ºC object temperature
- 8 minutes at 210ºC object temperature
A wide variety of colors including RAL and NCS - available on order
Corro-Coat PE-F is available for corona or tribo charging equipment
Corro-Coat PE-F products are supported by their ten-year guarantee.
Keep in a dry, cool area. Max 25ºC/relative humidity 60%
Please refer to MTI 95-56 GB 10/95, Maintenance of Powder Coated Building Facades
High performance polyester for architectural metal works
- Supreme ultra violet and weathering resistant
- Excellent gloss retention
- Excellent color stability
- Excellent heat resistance
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Excellent flow and finish
- GSB (Germany) Approval No. 110C
- Qualicoat Approval No. P0037
- B.S. Specifications 6496-1984
- 10 year product guarantee
PE-F Resistance Chart
Chemical properties at room temperature